A staple isn’t just a piece of metal to hold multiple papers together or the office supply store, a staple is that go-to item in any form you need it. It can be a food item or a favorite appliance/pan/knife in the kitchen, a piece (or two!) in your wardrobe, your go-to beverage…you get the idea! For me, I call those fashion staples my wardrobe workhorses, and I always have a few workhorses doing the heavy lifting for each season.
As I was laying in bed last night, I was feeling all kinds of inspired, so I tried to get up as early as possible this morning to get ready and film some Instagram stories and snap some outfit inspiration photos. I made it through one set of videos and one of the items I wanted to cover (so more to come this evening), but I thought I’d at least give you a sneak peak of the fall staples I’ve been loving and where to find them.
Here’s My Top 10 Fall Workhorses:
- Spanx Faux Leather Leggings: and I’ll show you more of how I styled these beauties in a bit – Get my Spanx!, or on Amazon Prime – Get those Amazon Spanx!
- Chambray Button-down Blouse: I truly believe you can never have too many of these! Here’s an Old Navy score for under $30 – Get this blouse!, or I’m loving this adorable distressed Vici piece for $54 – Get the Vici top!
- Graphic Tee for Layering: I’ll also add a solid color fave from Shop Ruthie Grace for under $15, score! – Get that Enya tee!, or this adorable “WIFE LIFE” graphic tee from Hazel & Olive [I have the white with black lettering] – Get that Wife Life!
- Any Animal Print Sneaker and/or Bootie: for me this season it’s all about the python/snakeskin print, but you can never go wrong with any kind of leopard/cheetah print either – Get my sneaks!, or these booties from WalMart (love this brand!) – Get the python bootie!
- Wedge Sneakers: I scored my taupe Zoey sneaks from Shop Ruthie Grace, but here’s an Amazon link for virtually the same shoe and lots of color options – Get those Amazon sneaks!…added bonus, they’re on PRIME two-day shipping!
- Furry Vest in a Neutral Color: I have more than one furry vest. I know it’s bad, but in my defense, two of them were gifts for a past birthday or Xmas a few years ago. Last season, I rounded out my collection and ordered this camel colored, longer piece from a site called Chic Wish. It’s so comfy and super affordable, only $37 I believe and if you sign up for their email list, you get an extra 10% off – Get your faux fur on!
- Puffer Vest in a Neutral Color: let this wardrobe staple do the heavy lifting for you in colder weather and on those casual days where you just need to run an errand, but still want to look cute! Here are some affordable options from Old Navy – Get this Old Navy vest in every color!, or this Amazon vest, which I haven’t tried but is oh so cute! – Get that Amazon vest!
- Tall Boots in a Neutral Color: I really wanted the Vince Camuto Hiltin Knee High Boots from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, but they’re over $225 full-price, and right now that’s not in the budget [insert sad face], so I turned to my trusty Macy’s app and found a similar “dupe” style by Journee. I was able to score them for under $70 with my Star Pass, and free shipping. For reference, I ordered the tan color. Please keep in mind these are not real leather, but they’re comfy as hell and look great! – Get the Macy’s dupes! or the real deals – Get the VC Hiltin’s!
- Mules: and no, not the kind of mule you ride in Mexico or the drink you grab in Moscow. I’m talking about the shoe-style mule! I have mule styles in both flats and with a little of a block heel, and let me tell you these shoes will be your go-tos when it’s not raining, mostly because the back of your heel is exposed and you don’t want to get wet! Love these snakeskin ones from WalMart, which also come in black – Get these mules!, or these beauties from Macy’s that are on my wish list – Get the Journee mules!
- Duster Sweater: I love me a good duster or fun block sweater for layering, que those plain tees from Ruthie Grace I linked earlier! Here’s an affordable option from WalMart’s Time and Tru Brand that comes in so many great color choices – Get to dusting!. Or here’s another great option [and color choices] from Target – Get that Universal Thread duster!
Now that we covered the staples, can we take a longer minute to talk about the underrated/superstar/hidden gem, WalMart? I recently blogged about WalMart and their summer finds, but I continue to discover favorite pieces from a brand they carry and can’t get over the adorable fashion and accessory items the Time and Tru brand is pumping out for all of their Wally World stores (and online too!). Let’s not forget how affordable each piece is (usually under $20) and the quality is right up there with any solid, retail store brand (like Universal Thread at Target, Old Navy, American Rag at Macy’s, etc.). Here are a few of the fun things I found in the Windsor store over the weekend, and some other online finds that I have on my wishlist and in my cart (shhhh, don’t tell the hubs!)
Booties for days, and comfortable ones too! I tried on all of these and found they’re pretty true to size “TTS”. Here’s the online link to shop – Get all the booties!
And the cutest rain boots for under $30! I want the hounds-tooth print bad, but here’s the link to the leopard ones – Get your leopard rain on!
And the cutest tennis shoes, also from the Windsor WalMart location here in Sonoma County! I’ll be sharing styling options of the dusty rose mesh sneakers later today. Here’s the link to the pink sneakers, I couldn’t find the leopard stripes online [insert sad face] – Get the knit sneaks!
And a few fun boot options from WalMart online – Get these boots!…
And some fun work flats options, also from WalMart online – Get these flats!. Some prints/colors can be found in-store as well!
And these adorable open side flats that I have in my cart, only $17.98! Get these open shanks!
And last but not least for the shoe finds, these adorable snakeskin mules I mentioned and linked above [that also come in black] – Get these mules now!
Onto clothing items, also from WalMart. How cute are these fitted sweaters?!? I grabbed a black one with leopard print (stay tuned for a photo), but I’m tempted to go back and get the gray stars too (stop reading now husband!!!)…
I’ll edit this post, or maybe create a new one with photos of my paired outfits. I ran out of time this morning, whoopsies! Until next time cactus glitter lovers!