When you’re putting together an outfit do you ever think, there’s no way those two or three patterns will ever match? Well fear not, this post is meant to challenge the way you think about pairing patterns and textures, get out of that solid color zone and have some fun! I also like to mix textures and prints too…crazy I know! Maybe I look ridiculous, or maybe I am on trend, but either way here’s a quick go-to guide for the patterns I like to mix, especially since fall is already here which is equally as crazy!
Camo print, stripes and leopard! Sounds crazy I know, but I love how this look turned out when I put it together in the wee early hours of the morning. I didn’t have time to try this outfit on, so bear with me on the photo styling front. However, I will definitely be wearing this outfit soon and will share photos on my social media accounts!
Shop this look!
- Jeans are from Old Navy under the Rockstar skinny jean line. I like the midsize rise and tend to size up for comfort, because their pants always fit me differently. If you have an Old Navy store close by, I suggest trying jeans on and buying in the store…but if you do order online, you can always exchange or return in the store, which is super convenient (at least for me) – Buy skinny jeans!
- Sweatshirt is also from Old Navy and I sized down to a medium. Originally I ordered the large and it was boxy on, but the medium is perfect for me and still allows room for a denim or chambray button-down shirt underneath. It’s also lightweight, super soft and the perfect comfort workhorse for fall! – Buy this sweatshirt!
- This leopard scarf is several years old and I think I snagged it off a random rack at CVS or Walgreens. You can find similar scarves online like this one from Nordstrom – Buy a leopard scarf!
- My favorite new piece of clothing I own…drumroll please…the Urban camo jacket!!! I snagged this beauty from a local Sonoma County boutique called Ooh La Luxe, but Old Navy also has a similar one that’s super cute! Here’s the link to find the Ooh La Luxe one – Buy this jacket! I bought/wear a size medium in this jacket, so I’m assuming it runs a little big since I’m usually a large
- Here’s another great camo jacket find from one of my online go-to shops, Indigeaux Boutique. Heather, one of the owners says it fits true to size (TTS) – Buy this Indigeaux jacket!
Stripes and floral prints, oh yeah! I am going to lean on my sister-in-law for this one. She gave me permission to share these photos because she paired her adorable floral shorts (which she later talked me into also buying for myself) with an equally adorable striped LuLaRoe Irma top. I copied her look with my striped duster sweater and floral shorts I shared on the last post.
Shop this look!
- My favorite LuLaRoe gal – Buy LuLaRoe from Julia!
- Shorts are already sold out, sorry ladies!
- Similar striped blazer on Nordstrom’s website – Shop the blazer!
Printed top paired with a different printed scarf. I don’t know about you, but I am loving the blanket scarf look. I paired this plaid one of mine with a lighter blue and cream paisley printed Irma top I snagged from a LuLaRoe sale. My theory is, as long as the colors in the prints match it’s free game!
For those more chilly winter days, I put on my fun little C.C. blush-colored beanie! Both the beanie and scarf came from a local store in my hometown of Los Banos called Fleur de Lis. Here’s their Facebook page – Shop Fleur de Lis!
Tip – you can pretty much find blanket scarves anywhere these days. Check out these cute ones from Indigeaux Boutique that you can order online – Buy these scarves!
Fur and plaid flannel…one of my many favorites! I love fall and winter clothes, mostly because I can throw on a “fur” vest and call it a cute outfit day. My mom gifted me this reversible vest a few years back at Christmas time, but you can find furry vests almost anywhere. I did a quick online search and found some cute ones on these websites: Forever 21, Charlotte Rousse, Old Navy, Macy’s, Francesca’s…the list is endless.
How cute is this top too? Indigeaux Boutique online is where it’s at and I wear a size large (it fits TTS) – Buy this plaid top! Can’t wait to wear mine once the weather cools down here in Sonoma County.
Stripes and leopard print…almost feels like a classic, right?!? LuLaRoe saves the day again with this fun cream and black wide-striped Randy tee. Randy looks like a baseball tee and is one of my favorite women’s t-shirt cuts LLR offers. I usually wear a size large and always pair them with shorts and/or skinny jeans and flats. Loving the pop of leopard for a little more coverage on a fall day!
Floral with floral lace/crochet accents. Sometimes I think it floral on floral might be too much floral. But then I remind myself that you can never have too many floral prints, so I just do it anyways! This Joy lace kimono is by LuLaRoe and the green floral top is Cabi from Fall 2016 season. No active links for the first photo, sorry ladies!
I decided to add the second picture of one of my newer fall finds. Check out this adorable Asian-influenced bomber jacket I found for under $30 at Nordstrom Rack – Buy this jacket!! The cream crochet top is Ooh La Lux and I bought it several years ago. The pants are olive-colored Moto Leggings, also from Ooh La Luxe. Here’s the link to their website – Shop Ooh La Luxe!
Happy pattern mixing folks! Hope this was a fun read. Still trying to figure things out and get in a rhythm with the blog. Hang in there with me!